At 17-years-old, Gabriele Minì joined the Alpine Academy ahead of the 2023 season after winning the Italian Formula 4 title as a single-seater rookie in 2020 and completing two successful years in Formula Regional. With his sights firmly set on victory, when he is not on track or in the simulator, you can find him keeping up his mental capabilities solving a Rubik’s cube in under 20 seconds – and subsequently teaching you how to do the same. We are constantly in awe at Gabriele’s passion for learning, both on and off track, and we are excited to watch him grow as he competes in the FIA Formula 3 Championship this season.
Here are 15 things you didn’t know about number 15:
1. One recommendation to anyone visiting Italy? If you go to Italy and you go to Mugello, you have to try the bistecca alla fiorentina–that is something you can’t leave Italy without trying
2. Favourite childhood memory? When I arrived home from my first championship win in 2012 and my whole family was waiting for me
3. Favourite movie/ tv show? Stranger Things
4. One thing you’re scared of? Heights… but only if I knew I had to jump. Like bungee jumping, I’d die of a heart attack
5. You can invite 3 people to dinner, alive or dead - who are you inviting? Valentino Rossi, Rihanna and Ayrton Senna
6. Go-to Karaoke song? Lemon Tree by Fool’s Garden
7. Favourite cheat meal? Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream
8. What new city do you want to race in? New York would be nice
9. Did you have any nicknames growing up? Last year they used to call me Mamma Mia, because every time something would happen, I would say that
10. Last song you listened to? Superman by Eminem
11. Can you cook, and if so what’s your signature dish? I can cook meat, but I’ve never tried to make a full meal. I can make tiramisu pretty well
12. If you could pick a teammate from all drivers, past and present, who would you want to race alongside? I would like to have someone with lots of experience so I can learn from them, like Lewis Hamilton or Fernando Alonso.
13. What do you miss most about home when you’re not there? My friends and my family, apart from my dad because he is always with me. But my mom and my brother can’t come to races.
14. How many languages can you speak? I can speak Italian and English. I can understand and speak a very tiny bit of French.
15. Biggest misconception about being a racing driver? People only see the final part–if you do good, then you’re good. If you do bad, then you’re bad. They don’t see the work that you do behind the scenes as a racing driver. They don’t see the reason why you did really good or why you did bad.
Be sure to keep an eye out for Gabriele’s number 15 car in Round 4 of the FIA Formula 3 Championship this weekend at the Circuit de Monaco.